Time out tzconnection with lazarus and firebird2.5

Forum related to Firebird

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

joviali
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Time out tzconnection with lazarus and firebird2.5

Post by joviali »

Hello everyone, this is my first message. I am making an application that attacks a remote database in firebird 2.5. In principle it works fine. The problem comes with the response time of fall. To see if I explain tego the connection open against my remote server and if I remove the ethernet cable. When I do an open a table takes to say that it has no connection 15 minutes .

The operating system server is a windows 10 and the one that makes the connection is a debian linux.
What can I do when the network drops? .
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Time out tzconnection with lazarus and firebird2.5

Post by marsupilami »

Hello joviali,

currently there is no way to change the timeout for firebird - at least not that I am aware of it. Usually you will get some kind of exception that you will have to handle. But the only thing you can do in a situation like this is to close all datasets and close the connection.

With best regards,

Jan
joviali
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by joviali »

Thank you for answering so quickly.

I come from delphi and what I pose has no major problem (I do not use in delphi Zeos).

We'll see .
1- There will be a connection with a zconnection.
2-The connection is satisfactory.
3 Lift the ethernet cable
4 I open with a tquery

I do not understand how it takes 15 minutes to make a mistake.

There has to be something, this is not viable.

I understand what you tell me to lift the connection and then close it every time there is something. But I refer to the law of Murphi.Si something can happen will happen. At the same time that there is the open the Tquery remove the cable and I have the same problem.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Joviali,

I understand what you mean. But the 15 minutes are an issue in the firebird client lib and not within Zeos. Even more it possibly is a problem in your Windows configuration because usually I would expect Windows to signal a lost connection to the FB client if the network cable is removed almost immediately. Maybe you want to ask this question on the FB mailinglist?

With best regards,

Jan
joviali
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by joviali »

SOLUTION. At the end is the configuration of the operating system itself in this case in linux (debian). I leave you a link:
https://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/doc ... to/doc_104

Thank you