version 7.2.14 sqlite umlauts

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
hoedlmoser
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

version 7.2.14 sqlite umlauts

Post by hoedlmoser »

Hello,

i came over a problem with version 7.2.14 on a lazarus 2.2.2, messing up with german umlauts when inserting a SQLite table. There is a small test project attached, with the sqlite.dll in use, just for compiling and running (there will load several sql-inserts into the synedit, to be marked an executed one by one)

There is no such problem with the original exe compiled with lazarus 1.6.2 and ZEOS 7.1.4., using the same dll.

Please could anyone check that out?

regards
hoedlmoser

PS: i got a "file too large" error so i had to delete the dll from the zip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
miab3
Zeos Test Team
Zeos Test Team

Re: version 7.2.14 sqlite umlauts

Post by miab3 »

Hi,

Your application compiled with Lazarus 2.2.4-Win32, SQLite 3.39.0 and Zeos8 /trunk svn 7928:
I added semicolons in session.sql.
Zeos8.jpg
Michal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Hoedlmoser,

I tested you application with the current Zeos 7.2-patches from the SVN. My Lazarus version is 2.2.0 and my FPC version is 3.2.2. I use SQLite version 3.39.3. For me things seem to work correctly. Umlauts seem to be stored correctly in the database - and fetched as well.

Some notes on your application though:
  • It makes sense to specify a ClientCodepage. Use UTF8 in your case.
  • use "sqlite" as the protocol. Versioned protocl names ("sqlite-3") will not be supported by the upcoming Zeos 8.0:
    Zeos 7.2 release notes, Chapter 'The future development of Zeos' wrote:Protocols with version numbers will not be used in Zeos 8.0 anymore (i.e. firebird-2.5 will become firebird). Please migrate. Driver names without version numbers were added to Zeos 7.2 to prepare for this.
Sooo - I am not 100% sure how to reproduce your problem. I see that you use Lazarus 2.2.2. Which version of FPC and SQLite do you use? The FPC version can be found in the Lazarus menu with "Help" -> "About Lazarus". For the SQLite version right click on the sqlite3.dll, and go to the "Deteils" tab. There you will find the file and product version.

With best regards,

Jan
hoedlmoser
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by hoedlmoser »

@Michal
thanks for your reply. i replaced the 7.2.14 with 8.0 from svn trunc 7930 and it works (still using Lazarus 2.2.2 64 bit and sqlite.dll 3.8.7.0)
regards
hoedlmoser
hoedlmoser
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by hoedlmoser »

@jan
thanks for your suggestions. Lazarus 2.2.2 came with FPC 3.2.2. ill try that 7.2 patch from svn, as 8.0 is still "beta"
hoedlmoser
miab3
Zeos Test Team
Zeos Test Team

Post by miab3 »

@ hoedlmoser,

Every non-trivial application or library has bugs. I believe that the current version of the Zeos8 trunk has fewer of them than the previous versions (Zeos7). So I would advise you to move to Zeos8 also because you can faster expect fixes in the dropdown(lived) version than the ancient one.

Michal
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

miab3 wrote: 24.11.2022, 12:08 Every non-trivial application or library has bugs. I believe that the current version of the Zeos8 trunk has fewer of them than the previous versions (Zeos7).
Honestly I do know of some serious bugs im Zeos 8 that Michael fixed only recently and that were one reason to not release Zeos 8 as stable yet. Also there may be one serious bug that didn't get fixed yet in the Firebird/Interbase drivers. I am not sure about that last one.
miab3 wrote: 24.11.2022, 12:08So I would advise you to move to Zeos8 also because you can faster expect fixes in the dropdown(lived) version than the ancient one.
Zeos 7.2 is - how do they say - industry proven ;o) Honestly I would advise people to stay with Zeos 7.2 for now if it suits their needs. We keep fixing bugs if we get reports for bugs there for now.
miab3
Zeos Test Team
Zeos Test Team

Post by miab3 »

Hi Jan,

But Zeos8 has many new features including it is adapted to the current versions of SQL servers and Zeos7 will be more and more out of date.

Michal