What does the FetchRow property do?

The stable tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.
lsrzj
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

What does the FetchRow property do?

Post by lsrzj »

It's just a doubt about what this property is for. Does it stands for query result pagination? Like I have 1000 rows from a query, if I put FetchRow to 100 will it fetch 100 rows at a time as needed?

I couldn't find any Zeos documentation giving details on how does it work and what the components properties are for, is there any complete or extensive documentation out there?
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by EgonHugeist »

lsrzj,
Like I have 1000 rows from a query, if I put FetchRow to 100 will it fetch 100 rows at a time as needed
I think you're right. But i didn't test it by my selves ever..
I couldn't find any Zeos documentation giving details on how does it work and what the components properties are for, is there any complete or extensive documentation out there?
A weak point, i know. Mark and me are developers. Don't expect we've the time to write documentaions too. Don't hessitate to start a wike. You can update some Wiki's from the Lazarus forum or write some by your selves and we'll attach it in our forum.
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/

lsrzj
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by lsrzj »

EgonHugeist,

I made some tests and they apparently indicate that this property does exactly this. But I don't have a way to prove that this is true, because using ZSQLMonitor don't put any LIMIT on the select. Also, putting master detail relationship on the query, only generate SQL output text for the detail, and not for the master query that is being synced by the detail one.