Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Antz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Zeoslib Tutorial

Post by Antz »

[font=Arial]Micheal,

Firstly and foremost, thank you for the article and example that you have placed in the "Knowledge Base" section in the forum. If not for that article I would still be sitting in complete darkness, again, thank you very much. There are a couple of things that is a mystery which, if time allows, I hope you can clear so that it is not a mystery anymore. The images on the page (where sample project "Easy Query" starts) have disappeared.

If anybody works through the project (please do you will not be sorry, specially if you are a beginner like me) the creation order that I used to immediately assign values to the components is a bit different.

1. TZConnection
2. TZUpdateSQL
3. TZQuery
4. TZReadOnlyOuery and the rest remains the same.

There is a FormCreate event but each time I tried to execute the application an exception error is raised. Replacing the FormCreate event with OnActivate will make the error disappear. The reason (with my limited knowledge) is because Form1 is in the "auto create" list and therefore the application will create this form. You can explicitly create the form if you want but for myself it was simpler changing the FormCreate to a OnActivate.

Mystery time…
The TDBEdit component, I am mystified with the "These objects will be created by using the column editor of qryCustomer: Select columns ADDRESS_LINE1, ADDRESS_LINE2, CITY, STATE_PROVINCE and POSTAL_CODE and drag and drop them onto then main form. Align them and adapt them to the layout you see in the screenshot."

I have no idea what is meant and this I am assuming is why when I update the table I get the huge SQL error. Like I have said, the screenshot is not available.

Big question…
This was one of the best, if not the best, tutorial I have read and again, thank you so much for the time and effort. There is a link on that page to the download area for the examples, unfortunately the link is "out of order". Is there any other way that we beginners can access the tutorials?

Many thanks,
Antz[/font]
Antz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Antz »

Sorry for the post, was not concentrating when I went through the tutorial. Okay, the drag-and-drop works well. The execution was perfect and fast (although the dataset is small).