Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Giftpilz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Can't load libraries

Post by Giftpilz »

Hello Forum
I am completely new to ZEOS, maybe the problem I encountered was discussed earlier...
I installed ZEOS 6.6.0 BETA on Delphi 7. I tried to connect to a SQLite3 database, and it worked fine. But: I can't connect to PostgreSQL or MySQL. I always get a message saying "cant find library dll's". I put the dll-files in my project-folder, but ZEOS doesn't find them. Anyway, I was able to establish an ADO-Connection.
So my question is: where to put the Database libraries?
thx in advance
Uwe
plamendp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by plamendp »

Hi,

As far as I am aware if you connect the DB at Design Time (for example if you set a ZConnection's property Connected=true) you need all DLLs in Windows Sytem32 directory. At run time they must be either in Win/system32 or in the current (executable program) directory.

Suggestion:
Copy all DLL to both Windows/System32 (design time) *AND* Current Project directories (Non-IDE Run Time) and deploy your final product packaged with all DLLs (run-time).

And here is the list of DLL I always deploy my progs with (not all used, but.. just in ccase):

comerr32.dll
krb5_32.dll
libeay32.dll
libiconv-2.dll
libintl-2.dll
libpq74.dll
libpq80.dll
libpq81.dll
midas.dll
ssleay32.dll

Hint:
Watch out for duplications and versions - keep all the same, otherwise you might end up at successfull design process but failing to run deployed programs :-)

Plamen