Coexistence Zeos 6.1.5 and 6.6.x

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

claudioc
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Coexistence Zeos 6.1.5 and 6.6.x

Post by claudioc »

I need to use Zeos 6.1.5 because many my projects relate to it. But I also want to test and to use in new project 6.6.x. Is it possible to configure delphi components in this mode?

Thanks

Claudio
fduenas
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by fduenas »

Sorry as Long as I know you can´t make two components with the same name to coexists and this applies to all components. The only way in to unload and load one or the other and to change th library search path to one folder or the other one.

Believe me, since version 6.5.1 we have been fixed a lot of bugs and make a lot of improvements compared to 6.1.5, so i think 6.6 is quiet stable.
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

That's true. The update is a must-have, and as fduenas said, 6.6 is quite stable right now. You may expend some time converting request live to read only property, but all other changes are, as far I know, "backward" compatible, so it's compile and run :)

[]'s
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

Te Amo Taís!
kmr
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kmr »

That's true. The update is a must-have, and as fduenas said, 6.6 is quite stable right now. You may expend some time converting request live to read only property, but all other changes are, as far I know, "backward" compatible, so it's compile and run
Yes, it is a must have, but it was not quite "compile and run" for me since I coded the SQL-statements for the TZSQLProcessor-Component a bit carelessly. Version 6.1.5 tolerated a missing ";" and worked alright without it. Version 6.6.0 (and 6.5.1 AFAIR) doesn't make anything without an ";". No triggering of onerror or beforeexecute - no central place to check for the corrcetness of the sql-commands.

OK, I coded me a RunBatch-function that is always called for TZSQLProcessor commands and checks for missing ";".
Now I'm happy. :-)
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

kmr wrote:
That's true. The update is a must-have, and as fduenas said, 6.6 is quite stable right now. You may expend some time converting request live to read only property, but all other changes are, as far I know, "backward" compatible, so it's compile and run
Yes, it is a must have, but it was not quite "compile and run" for me since I coded the SQL-statements for the TZSQLProcessor-Component a bit carelessly. Version 6.1.5 tolerated a missing ";" and worked alright without it. Version 6.6.0 (and 6.5.1 AFAIR) doesn't make anything without an ";". No triggering of onerror or beforeexecute - no central place to check for the corrcetness of the sql-commands.

OK, I coded me a RunBatch-function that is always called for TZSQLProcessor commands and checks for missing ";".
Now I'm happy. :-)

heheh! yeah, I missed an "almost" compile and run :mrgreen:
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

Te Amo Taís!