Mysql TableName bug fix proposal

In this forum all bug reports concerning the 6.x branch will be gahtered. You have the possibility to track the bug fix process.

Moderators: EgonHugeist, mdaems

domi.papin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Mysql TableName bug fix proposal

Post by domi.papin »

Hello,

I've already discussed this with mdaems. Mysql describes in its reference manual that a table name may have any alphanumeric char in any order.

Here I have some tables named on this scheme : digits + letters. When I try to open it with zeos testing branch, it raises an error.

After some debugging, I found TZMysqlNumberState.NextToken to be guilty.
I've hacked some lines at the end of method to redirect parsing on TZMysqlWordState in case of such a token (digits+letters). This fix the bug and raises no other but I've not tested it intensely with numerics.

Your opinion ?
Patch attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
domi.papin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by domi.papin »

This hack could also work with other protocol.
But as for example, SQLite does not support table/column name starting with digits except if names are quoted and version is 3.3up. Others engine, I don't know.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

First fix I will commit to testing now the beta release is launched will be for the 'backticking' problem you reported. This will give you a way to solve this problem with unconventional table names.

We'll look at this patch soon.

Mark