Interbase 5?

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Interbase 5?

Post by Fr0sT »

Is Interbase 5 really needed to be supported? TZInterbase6DatabaseMetadata.UncachedGetProcedureColumns contains complex and very inefficient code only because IB5 lacks one metadata field. But the driver for IB mentions it only supports v6. Maybe it's time to drop support of ancient stuff?
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Interbase 5?

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Fr0sT,

I agree, we don't need support for Internase 5. I suggest to drop it with Zeos 7.3.
With best regards,

Jan
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Fr0sT »

Done
ertank
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by ertank »

marsupilami wrote:Hello Fr0sT,

I agree, we don't need support for Internase 5. I suggest to drop it with Zeos 7.3.
With best regards,

Jan
Speaking of the Zeos 7.3, I wonder when 7.2 will become a release and get rid of beta test status?
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Fr0sT »

ertank wrote:Speaking of the Zeos 7.3, I wonder when 7.2 will become a release and get rid of beta test status?
Honestly I think one can declare any of the latest 7.2 commits "a release". In fact, the beta or release status of 7.2 won't change things much. It gets only fixes anyway, no new features or breaking changes.
ertank
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by ertank »

Fr0sT wrote:Honestly I think one can declare any of the latest 7.2 commits "a release". In fact, the beta or release status of 7.2 won't change things much. It gets only fixes anyway, no new features or breaking changes.
I like the way Lazarus does it. Make a release tag. After a while make a fixes branch for that release. Other development continue in trunk. However, I have no idea how complicated things can be if this is to be applied in ZeosLib.
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Fr0sT »

This question is better to discuss with project commanders like Jan and Michael (and in separate thread I guess). I personally don't bother the branch status, I just use the latest 7.3 (mostly because it has the features I need)
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Fr0sT, Ertan,

me - a project commander? Hmmm - I hope to find a consensus between all active members who develop for Zeos ;o) Honestly the people who did releases in the past thought that there was more to it than just zipping up a copy of the current 7.2 branch. There are some scripts to run for getting a doxygen documentation and so on. I would like to see where that documentation leads us and if there really is some benefit in doing things that way. But I still don't have the time for that currently. :(

With best regards,

Jan