Upgrading from 6.3 to 7.1.4 Stable - AV LibMySql.dll

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
DavideAmelio
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Upgrading from 6.3 to 7.1.4 Stable - AV LibMySql.dll

Post by DavideAmelio »

Hello
I've just reinstall ZeosLib 7.4 stable on Delphi2007,
I have to change every zQuery.connection to zQuery (AbstractConnection ) but I can compile
However just start connection I GET "Access Violation in module libmysql.dll"
what happend?
last compiled with 6.3 works well.

Thanks

PS
I there a workaround to refer zquery.connection as TConnection ?
Last edited by DavideAmelio on 22.01.2017, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
DavideAmelio
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Upgrading from 6.3 to 7.1.4 Stable - AV LibMySql.dll

Post by DavideAmelio »

Protocol on zConnection was still on MySql-4.1 , changing on MySql5 works....but is strange.

How can I connect to MySql 4.1?
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Upgrading from 6.3 to 7.1.4 Stable - AV LibMySql.dll

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Davide,

MySQL 4 seems to be rather old. Am I wrong? Is it possible to connect with a MySQL 5 client library to a MySQL 4 Server? Honestly I don't know who would try to find a bug like that. If you want to take on that challenge, I will gladly assist you in any way I can. But I can't spare the time to look for that bug.

With best regards,

Jan
DavideAmelio
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by DavideAmelio »

Hello marsupilami, thanks for reply.

I don't want you spent time for fixing problem for obslote db, but what i was asking if is my fault, because zeos 6.3 connect with MySql 4.1 and 5 with the same dll too.
With 7.1.4 i had to change .dll that unfourtnately doesn't work.
MySql 4.1 is old ok, but is still widely installed, is light and fast. Not the best for Win8 / 10 ok.

So is a workaround to connect on MySql 4-1 with zeos7.1 ? without patching the fix of course

Thanks again
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Davide,

hmm - I am no MySQL expert. There are some things, that I can suggest:
  • Try if the Zeos 7.2 version from SVN works for you. We are in the phase of fixing bugs before we declare it stable. There are not many bugs left open, that we are aware of. And your fix just might be in that version already.
  • Check if you can use a MySQL 5 library to connect to MySQL 4.1
  • Let's hunt down that error. Although I am not sure where to get the necessary Servers and DLLs and my time currently is limited, nothing keeps us from checking if there is an easy solution to your problem. ;)
With best regards,

Jan