Delphi 2005 and MySQL 5

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Kite
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Delphi 2005 and MySQL 5

Post by Kite »

Can I install v6.5.1. on Delphi 2005(9) and will it support all the functions (SP and triggers) of MySQL 5.x and where can I donwload v6.5.1?

Thanx
Kite
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi Kite,

you can install ZeosLib 6.5.1 (alpha) on D2005. But you have to get it from CVS. Here is a short description by Lightning on how to achieve this.

Hope it will help!
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]
fduenas
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by fduenas »

MySQL 5 in not yet supported as is, but hope it will be soon.
As long as I know the NET protocol of mysql 5 is the same as the one used in Mysql 4.1, so maybe you can try working with MySQL 5 using the mysql41 protocol option, just rename libmysql.dll of 5.x to LibMySQL41.dll.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

The option of renaming libmysql.dll proposed by fduenas works excellent. I use this method since the earliest release of mysql 5. Untill now I've not experienced any problems.

Greets,

Mark
Domo Sokrat
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Domo Sokrat »

Hi!

[ot]I tested Firebird 2.0 with the ZeosLib 1.5-driver. Runs as far as I can tell without any problems. No renaming of dlls or something like this :mrgreen:[/ot]
fduenas
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by fduenas »

Domo Sokrat wrote:Hi!

[ot]I tested Firebird 2.0 with the ZeosLib 1.5-driver. Runs as far as I can tell without any problems. No renaming of dlls or something like this :mrgreen:[/ot]
Wel i have recommended to use Mysql 5 dll to prevent unexpected behavior, but think there wont be problems using original mysql 4.1 dll because is same api structure. :wink:
raulik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

I have created mySQL 5.0 .pas files

Post by raulik »

Hello,
I have created .pas libraries for using mysql 4.1 and mysql 5.0 altogether and therefor there's no need to rename libmysql50.dll to libmysql41.dll. Plus it makes it possible to use version mysql4.1 and 5.0 with the same version of zeos component and libmysql. I just don't know where I could post these changes or how to host them on this website.
Kite
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Kite »

Thanx for all the help with the DLL's I renamed the libmysql.dll for v50 to libmysql41.dll and copied into the windows/system dir and it looks like it is working. I'll start testing it now

This forum must get bigger, this is the best way to support a product like this.

Thanx again
Kite
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

So it's practically done - can I expect the 5.x support included soon. At least can it be included in the protocol list for beta testing? I have done it for me, and it woks. But to do it for me is just a kind of transactional stuff - when it will be done by Zeos developers? Can I help (altrough I see others have done it even better..)