Firebird dll name

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Ask
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Firebird dll name

Post by Ask »

Since version 1.5, Firebird database uses fbclient.dll as default library name. However, ZPlainFirebird15.pas still uses gds32.dll as library name.
IMO, this should be fixed. I can provide a (trivial) patch, if needed.
DavidVTaylor
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by DavidVTaylor »

Ideally this needs to be configurable since the library name depends on your configuration. I often work with the embedded version of Firebird 1.5 which uses fbembed.dll. Some users also rename fbclient.dll to gds32.dll for various reasons.

While we are at it, Firebird 2 support should be added. I also think there should symbolic constants defined for each of the protocols. When setting protocols in code I am forced to hard code the names which does not seem proper.

David
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

That would be nice! A configurable property in ZConnection which handle the library name. Shall we post it to sourceforge, as a request?
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

Te Amo Taís!
DavidVTaylor
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by DavidVTaylor »

Sounds good to me. I have posted a request to Michael to join the Zeos team but have not heard a response yet. I like using Zeos and want to see it improve...

David
sandeep_c24
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by sandeep_c24 »

Does anyone know who is looking after Zeos and who the are Team members are. To me it looks like no one is really actively developing Zeos.

Sandeep
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

sandeep_c24 wrote:Does anyone know who is looking after Zeos and who the are Team members are. To me it looks like no one is really actively developing Zeos.

Sandeep
take a look :)
http://seegernet.koolhost.de/zeosforum/ ... .php?t=413
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

Te Amo Taís!