D5, ZeosLib and SQLite problem

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
IbeDBob
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

D5, ZeosLib and SQLite problem

Post by IbeDBob »

Hi All,

I have been trying Lazarus and reluctantly I have had to return to D5 for a lot of reasons. This means using ZeosLib 6.6 and it is missing a few treats of 7.2.

Namely the ZConnection.LibraryLocation for SQLite's sqlite3.dll and I am unable to activate the Connection at design time. I have defined the database in the Connection designer but it keeps saying "Cannot find the sqlite3.dll" but it does find it at run time, so at least it works there.

I have been spoiled by Zeos 7.2 in Lazarus with the LibraryLocation. Any way I can get that in 6.6?
Thanks

Dyslexic Bob
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: D5, ZeosLib and SQLite problem

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Bob,

yes - there surely is a way to have something like the library location in Zeos 6. Check out the LoadLibrary function and put this together with Zeos 6 and String properties and the like. Honestly, I refuse to give any more support to this because I can't spare time to support things that are dead meat. And Zeos 6 and Delphi 5 surely are dead meat as I tried to explain in my post in the other thread: http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopi ... 919#p58919

Best regards and good luck,

Jan