Forum related to the ZDBC API-Layer

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

satoto
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

ZDbcIntfs in Lazarus

Post by satoto »

Hi,

I'm very happy that zeos can be installed ini lazarus, at last (thanks to Ruben & Stevie). Since there's been error in date conversion that suspected comes from TDataset, I try to use directly from Zdbc API, but I find another error when compiling ZCompatibility.pas:
C:\lazarus\components\zeosdbo_rework\src\core\ZCompatibility.pas[170.12] Error: Illegal type conversion: "ShortString" to "^Char"

In other post Ruben wrote that the date issue is caused by pointer and I think it relates to this error.

I don't understand why zeosdbo can be compiled and installed into lazarus while separate compilation of ZDbcInfs causes error in Zcompatibility.pas? This makes me think that the bug comes from the compiler/lazarus, but I don't know exactly and how to fixed it.

Anyway, Ruben has fixed some error for this issue, so, would you please send me the fixed files, or where can I find them so I can learn how to fixed it myself.

Thanks in advance ....
satoto
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by satoto »

Sorry, i missed it. There are progresses on Firebird. I checked in the sourceforge only, not FB repository. New releases seems not uploaded on sourceforge.

Regards, :oops: