Firebird, Transactions, Manuals, examples ?

The stable tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.
misko2k
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Firebird, Transactions, Manuals, examples ?

Post by misko2k »

Hello ,

I am new here and i dont know there to start, i can not find any manuals, examples for this components...

I miss TZTransaction (my last version was 3.3.x)
I have small project where i have 1 timer what checks my database (firebird 2,5 embedded db) and do some changes , and at the same time user can do some changes too. so with TZTransaction i know how to realise this , but in the 7.x version seems only possible to have 1 Transaction at time ? For what is good PrepareTransaction ?

can somebody give me hints what or how can i do this with this :shock:
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello misko2k,

for this you would need two connections (TZConnection) with the current Zeos components. Each one has its own transaction. So you have one connection for the user and one connection for the timer.
Each connection will have its own queries and so on...
Best regards,

Jan
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

misko2k,

There are a few examples in the downloaded zeoslib file.
And when you check the Knowledge Base on this forum there are a few articles describing the use of simple zeoslib components.

As Jan told : you need two connection objects here. These correspond more or less to 1 transaction over one connection.
If you want to avoid configuring each connection separately you can use a connectiongroup component linked wit two groupedconnections. Then you should only configure the connectiongroup and the groupedconnections are using this information for their work.

Mark