[solved] Zeos 7.0.3-stable and Zeos 7.1-testing

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

miab3
Zeos Test Team
Zeos Test Team

[solved] Zeos 7.0.3-stable and Zeos 7.1-testing

Post by miab3 »

EgonHugeist, mdaems,

Why ZDbcCache.pas from version 7.0.3-stable and 7.1-testing are so different at the moment?

Michal
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

michal,
because we did not want the new buffer management in version 7.0 that late. Normally this version has less size limits for number or size of columns. But I don't know the impact on other details like performance, memory usage,... in real life applications.
What I can say is that the test suite doesn't show any difference between the two versions. No extra failures, no memory leaks. But that's not real life.
Probably this will be the most important change for the 7.1 version, which is scheduled for the third quarter of this year. (That's when nothing happens to the current team) So don't hesitate to test this thoroughly.

Mark
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by EgonHugeist »

miab3,

Michal, i broke with the old RowAccessor-behavior. Like you know did we've allways some Row-Size limitations. In my current stage i wasn't able to change the fixed size of the Buffer-Array but with some code-lines i only address all Strings/TBytes outside the RowBuffer. Now we've unlimmited Field-Sizes and can pick up 4096-Colums. IMHO that's enough since the most DBRMs can't handle more columns.

Like Mark wrote, we had a feature-freeze for the 7.0 series. All spezific changes features where made on Zeos7.1
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/

jma_sp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jma_sp »

Hello, i was trying to compile Zeos package under Lazarus 1.0.4 but get these errors:

C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.2-rc\src\compnent\ZAbstractConnection.pas(106,42) Error: Indentifier not found "TZControlsCodePage"
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.2-rc\src\compnent\ZAbstractConnection.pas(106,42) Error: Error in type definition
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.2-rc\src\compnent\ZAbstractConnection.pas(112,66) Error: Identifier not found "TZControlsCodePage"
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.2-rc\src\compnent\ZAbstractConnection.pas(226,51) Error: Identifier not found "TZControlsCodePage"
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.2-rc\src\compnent\ZAbstractConnection.pas(226,51) Error: This kind of property can´t be published
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.2-rc\src\compnent\ZAbstractConnection.pas(112,66) Fatal: There were 5 errors compiling module, stopping

And in 7.0.3-stable:

C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.3-stable\src\compnent\ZDbcDbLibUtils.pas(65,83) Error: Identifier not found "TZControlsCodePage"
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.3-stable\src\compnent\ZDbcDbLibUtils.pas(72,84) Error: Identifier not found "TZControlsCodePage"
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.3-stable\src\compnent\ZDbcDbLibUtils.pas(73,86) Error: Identifier not found "TZControlsCodePage"
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.3-stable\src\compnent\ZDbcDbLibUtils.pas(111,29) Error: Identifier not found "PZConSettings"
C:\lazarus\packager\Zeoslib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.3-stable\src\compnent\ZDbcDbLibUtils.pas(113,1) Fatal: There were 4 errors compiling module, stopping.

¿Need any aditional unit where TZControlsCodePage is defined?

7.0.1 compile and install without errors (OK).

My interest is use Zeos to connect postgres 9.2 with Lazarus 1.0.4.

Sorry for me bad english.

Thanks and happy new year.
Zoran
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Zoran »

@jma_sp:
Probably you have mixed versions - make sure that all Zeos packages are installed from the same version - open and compile all five packages one by one from the same folder (from the folder where your Zeos 7.0.3 is) in this order:
1. zcore
2. zparsesql
3. zplain
4. zdbc
5. zcomponent

Now try to install zcomponent package.
Does it help?
jma_sp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jma_sp »

Great, now is running:

1. zcore ------------> Compilation OK
2. zparsesql --------> Compilation OK
3. zplain ------------> Compilation OK
4. zdbc -------------> Compilation OK
5. zcomponent ----> Compilation OK / Installation OK

255 files generated in C:\lazarus\packager\ZeosLib\ZEOSDBO-7.0.3-stable\packages\lazarus\lib\i386-win32

Thanks

P.D:

So i write the result in this site in Spanish:

http://hispabyte.net/foro/bases-de-dato ... 92036/#new
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by EgonHugeist »

jma_sp,

thanx for some advertising!!!
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/