Want to Offer Some Code Extensions; where should I post them

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

BytePlayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Want to Offer Some Code Extensions; where should I post them

Post by BytePlayer »

I am just getting started with ZeosLib and SQLite3 and I ran into some situations--like the lack of boolean support in SQLite3--that required some patching on my part that I think might be useful to other people.
  • I added a property to the Ancestor of tzConnection: AutoRefreshTableAfterSQLExec which can only be true if AutoCommit is true, but when it is, it parses out the SQL that was just executed and if it was an UPDATE or DELETE, it automatically refreshes all the tables used in that SQLExec.
    I added a ConvertBooleansFieldsToIntegerComparisons that defaults to true for SQLite3 but can be set to true for other DBs and which can automatically parse both SQL and filters to convert "bare" boolean fields (such as HasFlag) into numeric comparisons. Thus "SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE HasFlag" would internally become ""SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE (HasFlag=1)"
Where should I post these proposed additions?
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by EgonHugeist »

BytePlayer,

maka a *.patch or *.diff file with you changes and attach it here.

Hint: We solve all DBRM special options with the TZConnection/TZDataSet.Properties. Only common properties are available in the property editors.

Thanks for you constribution.
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/