Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Loesje
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Questions to get Zeos to work on FPC/Lazarus again

Post by Loesje »

Hi all,

I'm the one who is responsible for the database-support of fpc, and I have a few questions for the developers.

Why are the files ZPlainASA7.pas, ZPlainASA8.pas, ZPlainASA9.pas end ZPlainASADriiver.pas on TWO locations? (src/plain and src/dbc) This goes well if the compilation takes place in the right order, but if it doesn't things get screwed. Especially since ZPlain.inc is included in those files, which does only exist in src/plain....
If there's no good reason why these files are on both locations I would recommend to remove them from fpc/dbc, if there exists such a reason i'll change the .lpk file so that it works again with Lazarus.

please commit the attachet patch, it will make Zeos compile on Lazarus again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
barko
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Questions to get Zeos to work on FPC/Lazarus again

Post by barko »

Loesje wrote:Hi all,
please commit the attachet patch, it will make Zeos compile on Lazarus again.
I have created patch for zeosdbo_rework weeks ago..but is not commited to cvs... yet... look here
Loesje
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Loesje »

Yes, i've read that. But this one is against current ZEOS cvs, and doesn't use the include-path you've added.

Do you know if this forum is also read by ZEOS-developers? Is this the right place to submit patches?
MarkusD
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by MarkusD »

Hello Loesje,

you can safely delete these units from the dbc directory. I already contacted Michael about this. I would personally delete them but i don't have write access to cvs.

Best Regards,
Markus