Databound controls not working

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Databound controls not working

Post by cmatrix »

I converted a DB app to use Zeos7. All is OK except that databound controls don't seem to work. I've tried a DBEdit and a DBGrid hooked up to TZTables and TZQuerys with the same result. It's as if the zeos dataset are readonly. I checked the ReadOnly property but it is false. Am I missing something here?
Wild_Pointer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Wild_Pointer »

cmatrix,

by saying "databound controls don't seem to work" you mean they doesn't show data, they can not edit data or something else?

What database do you use? What language (delphi, lazarus) and it's version? Where did you get Zeos7 from? Downloaded build package or from svn ?

Please provide more info if you want help

Good luck!
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

You can`t edit in the controls, as if the dataset is readonly. Using Zeos 7.0.0-dev with MS SQL 2008 connecting through ADO, Delphi XE. I downloaded it from Sourceforge not from svn.
Wild_Pointer wrote:cmatrix,

by saying "databound controls don't seem to work" you mean they doesn't show data, they can not edit data or something else?

What database do you use? What language (delphi, lazarus) and it's version? Where did you get Zeos7 from? Downloaded build package or from svn ?

Please provide more info if you want help

Good luck!
Wild_Pointer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Wild_Pointer »

cmatrix,

sorry, I'm not a MS SQL user, though I use Zeos v7 with Postgresql and Delphi 2006 without problems. I use it from svn so please try to get it from there, because package in sourceforge is almost 2 years old.

You have checked the dataset if it is readonly, but the fields can be readonly too. .. Please check them.

Good luck!