Delpoying a Zeoslib delphi 7 application to a WinAMP server

Forum related to MySQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Tepa
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Delpoying a Zeoslib delphi 7 application to a WinAMP server

Post by Tepa »

I'm trying to deploy a Zeoslib 6.6 application connected to a MySQL Winamp (latest version with MySQL 5). Some how my development workstation can run the application when i run on a fresh machine it wont connect with various errors. I know that maybe there are some files that i need to deploy with the Delphi 7 application but don't know exactly what those files or DLL's are. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.
Pitfiend
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by Pitfiend »

It seems you need to grant permissions to the user you are trying to connect with. An out-of-the-box installation didn't configure your databases to be reachable over local network. From my experience, I can told you this:

- Grant privilege over your database as 'user'@'%' (this need to be done for each user on each database, wildcards didn't work on this, the wildcard after the @ symbol replace any domain or host name on your network only)
- Be sure you don't have old mysql dll mixed on your path or you can get really weird errors hard to figure what they mean
- Better if you put all connection stuff (ip, user, password, protocol, database name, all other needed parameters) on ini files or ask for them, this way you avoid to recompile each time you make changes.

I use this on my deployments, have mysql as remote server and as embeded standalone server with same application and works fine. You need to include in your deployment libmysql.dll or libmysql50.dll for server or libmysqld.dll for embeded