Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

jacko
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

How install Zeos in Builder C++??

Post by jacko »

Hello everybody!

I am new in Zeos, but i try so hard to read, learn and install the files of Zeos package in Borland C++ Builder 5.0 Proffesional. :?:

I didn't do it!

Please, someone could explain me the exact procedure to do that? or an url, or a document to read?

Thanks so much, and i don't want to forget Zeos, or replace it for MyDAC or MySQL++, or another way to connect to database, only because these other programs have an decent explanation about its installation.

Thanks again. :cry:
Dios es real... a menos que se declare como entero!
Stevie
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Stevie »

Hi jacko,

just open the ZeosDbo.bpg and compile the five packages. If you got the 6.5.1 alpha from download section the install all five packages - if you got the actual cvs snapshot then only install the zcomponent.dpk. That's it

Regards
Stevie
jacko
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

mmm... yes, i do it, but it doesn't work!

Post by jacko »

Hi Stevie

Thanks for answer me!

I do the process that you say me, but: Doesn' work!

Let me explain:
I open zeosdbo.dbg, and start to install the packages in order (core, parse, plain, dbc and component), but when I am installing a dbc package the compiler give me an error like "unable to open oledb.obj". :shock: :?:

I don't understand anything!

In zeos sourceforge google cached pages (because zeos page is down), I find an explanation of someone who say that is necesary to delete any reference to ADO and oledb in some files like *.pas, *.bpk; but i didn't find any reference! and i think that this isn't a good solution.

What can I do?

Please, do you help me? :wink:

Thanks!
Dios es real... a menos que se declare como entero!
Stevie
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Stevie »

Hi,

please take a look at this thread where I already described, how you exclude the ADO stuff.

Regards
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. (Albert Einstein)