In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

jeremicm
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

problem with MSSQL 2008

Post by jeremicm »

Hi,
I'm using Delphi2009 ent and ZeosLIB 6.6.2 on developer machine under WinXP SP2 and MSSQL 2008 on Windows server 2008 standard on server machine.

When i try to connect from delphi to SQL i get error:

Code: Select all

The USE database statement failed because the database collation %.*ls is not recognized by older client drivers. Try upgrading the client operating system or applying a service update to the database client software, or use a different collation. See SQL Server Books Online for more information on changing collations.
I had same problem with ADO and ODBC but that was solved with installation of native sql 10.0 (updated database cilent, metioned in error).

Thanks in advance
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I'm using Delphi2009 ent and ZeosLIB 6.6.2 on developer machine
How do you manage to do that? I suppose it's some unsupported fork of zeoslib 6.6.2?

Anyhow... this seems more a problem with the protocol used between sqlserver client libs and the server. As the error message says, you better search the sqlserver docs to know how to use older client drivers (the ones supported by zeoslib) together with your new server. (seems to be a problem with the collation/character set used on the database)

Mark

Mark
jeremicm
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by jeremicm »

sorry for mistake, it's Rad Studio 2007, not 2009.
I upgraded Zeos to 6.6.5 and XP sp3 and still have same problem.
What kind of driver is used to connect to SQL server?