Any glaring differences between 6.5.1 and 6.1.5?

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

matsgefvert
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Any glaring differences between 6.5.1 and 6.1.5?

Post by matsgefvert »

Hiya,

A colleague of mine talked about upgrading to 6.5.1-alpha because of the support for SQLite in that release. However, having just moved up to 6.1.5 for the new 2.0 release of our software, it seemed a bit risky to upgrade to a new 'alpha' release immediately.

However, I went through the changelog and basically, it seems that most of the stuff is basically bug fixes. So theoretically it could be even more stable than 6.1.5?

Suggestions?

Regards, Matt
Coffee clarifies the mind, improves morale, lifts the spirit and motivates and inspires to focused, productive work.
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi Matt,

if you are going to use 6.1.5 and all recommended patches (1 and 2) then you will be imho on the safe side. In deed the most stuff added to 6.5.1 is bug fixing. If you already read the changelog you are well informed...

Regarding the stability of the 6.5.1 alpha (using Delphi 9) I can say that Firebird 1.5 and 2.0 (yes, it is added ... on my workspace ;-)), SQLite 2.8 and 3 (yes, it is also added ... on my workspace ;-)), MySQL 4.1 and PostgreSQL 8.1 nearly passed our internal tests. There are some little (but annoying) fixes to do ... Hopefully, we will be out with a beta, soon. The plan is to make a public beta test with registered beta testers. That much regarding the future of ZeosLib's DBOs.

Regards.
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]
matsgefvert
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by matsgefvert »

Michael,

That sounds great. Since all we're using as of now is MySql 3.23/4.0, that means we should be doing fine, then. (Hmm... Recommended patches? I wonder if we've installed those. :? )

Matt
Coffee clarifies the mind, improves morale, lifts the spirit and motivates and inspires to focused, productive work.