Release of Zeos 8.0.0

Announcements from the ZeosLib Development Team

Moderator: gto

marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Release of Zeos 8.0.0

Post by marsupilami »

The Zeos Team is proud to announce the availability of Zeos 8.0.0 as a stable release. This is the newest stable version of Zeos. It deprecates Zeos 7.2, and any previous version of Zeos. We urge all people still using older versions of Zeos to upgrade. If you have any problems with Zeos 8.0, please get in contact with us on the forums or on the bugtracker.

The most outstanding changes in Zeos 8.0 are
  • Support for Delphi NextGen compilers to support Android, iOS and Mac OS X
  • Two new bridge drivers for OleDB and ODBC
  • A new driver that uses the Firebird interface based API for accessing Firebird versions 2.5 and above
  • A special proxy server and an according driver that can be used to access any Zeos supported database using SOAP over HTTP(S) from (mobile) clients.
  • Propper support for numeic and decimal fields by using TBCDField and TFMTBCDField
  • Nested transactions using savepoints
  • Two new components: TZTransaction and TZMemTable
  • better overall performance and smaller memory footprint
Besides these improvements Zeos has seen a ton of other additions and improvements. For an overview of the changes in Zeos 8.0 see the release notes.

To download, the new version of Zeos please use this link.
ChrisFri
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Release of Zeos 8.0.0

Post by ChrisFri »

Hi, I'm using Delphi12 and wanted to use the ZeosDBO. When compiling the project group, there is an error: "Remove ZPropertyEditor, ZComponentReg.
The unit(s) ZPropertyEditor, ZComponentReg were found in the required package ZComponent." When I install the finished packgage, no components are visible there. What am I doing wrong? Best regards, Christian.
jqmicrosistema
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jqmicrosistema »

I have an error using Zeos with Lazarus. I am getting the error
System Error :Code(193)
This is when I try to connect in design mode with property "Conected"
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Which version of Lazarus and FPC do you use? How is the configuration of you TZConnection object? Can you maybe share a sample application that generates the probelm?