Failed installation

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
zeosbow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Failed installation

Post by zeosbow »

Hello, I'm new to the forum. In the Lazarus forum I was given the tip to try it here.
I have the problem that zeos 8 cannot be installed with fpcupdeluxe in the current Lazarus Trunk.
I get the error message: Identifier idents no member VUInt32.
fpcupdeluxeZeosError.png
See attached screenshot.

Many thanks for help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Failed installation

Post by marsupilami »

Hello zeosbow,

welcome to the forums :)

You seem to use FPC trunk for compilation. We don't support FPC trunk because it is a moving target. The problem in this case is that they added a variant type (varUInt32) but didn't extend the TVarData record accordingly. I created a ticket to see if they will add TVarData.VUInt32:
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/s ... sues/40729

Zeos is only supported on FPC 3.0 and 3.2. The Lazarus version should not matter too much. It should be possible to use trunk there.

Best regards,

Jan
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

It seem sthe problem was fixed upstream (Commit 886f91de). Unfortunately I cannot get Lazarus and FPC to build in their trunk versions so I cannot test easily.
zeosbow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by zeosbow »

Many thanks for your efforts,

I have downloaded the modified file "varianth.inc" and copied it into the folder fpcsrc\rtl\inc. Previously renamed the old file to varianth_alt.inc.
Then tried to compile zeos. Unfortunately without success. VUInt32 is still not recognised. Tomorrow I will rebuild Lazarus Trunk and try again.

I thought that zeos only supports the stable freepascal compilers.

I have a trunk with zeos 8 running on one computer. I wanted to move my project to another computer and thought: Install a new trunk with new zeos.

I wish I had kept my hands off it...
zeosbow
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by zeosbow »

Hello,
after I rebuilt Lazarus Trunk with fpcupdeluxe I was able to install zeos 8 with fpcupdeluxe, hooray!!!
Thanks again for your efforts!

Volker