Ado don't update aas must be

Forum related to ADO

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Ado don't update aas must be

Post by kikep »

I have zoesdbo with ado connect to database the problem i have is after update the information don't going to right columns or fields
as you can see on attach..

procedure TFormMas90.BtnExecSQlClick(Sender: TObject);
var UpSQl:TZquery;
begin
UpSQl:= TZQuery.Create(nil);
UpSQl.Connection := DM.ZCon;
UpSQl.SQL.Add('UPDATE AR1_CustomerMaster set Customername='' Smac systema machines corporation'',');
UpSQl.SQL.Add('AddressLine1=''5807 van allen way, carlsbad'',');
UpSQl.SQL.Add('state=''CA'',');
UpSQl.SQL.Add('cOUNTRYcODE=''USA'',');
UpSQl.SQL.Add('TERMSCODE=''NO'',');
UpSQl.SQL.Add('ZIPCODE=''92008''');
UpSQl.SQL.Add('where CustomerNumber =''CMS''');
UpSQl.SQL.Add('and division =''00''');
IF NOT upSql.Prepared then upsql.Prepare;
UpSQl.ExecSQL;
end;
the country is USA and show SA and U conactcode field..

some body haved same iuses....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Ado don't update aas must be

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Kikep,

I do have some questions:
- could you prepare an example project that exhibits the problem? This allows debugging much more easily.
- which version of Zeos do you use?
- which OLEDB provider / ADO provider do you use?
- which version of Delphi or Lazarus do you use?

Best regards,

Jan
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

Hi i hope can attach the files because are lite big...
you can find all information in the file.....

https://file.io/BeJkmKk5NAic

Any question post...

thanks
Enrique Pineda
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

sorry i forget your quetions..... I usong typhon 8.3 becuase i can't compile zeos for lazarus and zeosdb 8.0.0 beta ole provide mdac you can find on attached file driver..
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Enrique,

I am sorry for my late reply. There are several things here:
kikep wrote: 10.03.2024, 02:22 I usong typhon 8.3 becuase i can't compile zeos for lazarus and zeosdb 8.0.0 beta
Which problems did you have using Zeos with Lazarus? I can compile Zeos 8 with Lazarus 3.0 and 2.2.6 just fine.
The problem is: We cannot support Code Typhoon. It is a moving target and we have no control over which code of us they include in their solution.
kikep wrote: 10.03.2024, 02:22 ole provide mdac you can find on attached file driver
If I understand you correctly, you try to use the ODBC driver from pvxplus.com? Is test data included in the MAS90 directory?

My suggestion: Zeos supports ODBC directly with Zeos 8. Try to install Lazarus and Zeos 8 again. This should work. Then try the odbc_w or odbc_a driver. These drivers use ODBC connection strings.
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

thanks marsupilami from where i can down load zeosdbo 8.0 only i found is 7... please send me link... on download area last version 7.2
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

This error i got to compile zeosdbo

ZAbstractConnection.pas(90,3) Error: Cannot find ZDbcFirebird used by ZAbstractConnection. Check if package zdbc creates ZDbcFirebird.ppu, check nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the unit source..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

Hi mi friend i did test of zeosdb8.0 with odbc_a and odbc_w and get this error
ZCMas.Connect; here where send me error just open connection...

Code: Select all

procedure TDM.DataModuleCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin

//    SQLDLL.LibraryName:=WideString(ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0)) + 'pvxodbc.dll');
//    SQLDLL.LibraryName:='C:\Windows\system32\pvxodbc.dll';
//    SQLDLL.LibraryName:='C:\PVX Plus Technologies\ODBC Driver (64-bit)'+'\pvxodbc.dll';
//    SQLDLL.LoadLibrary;
//    ODBCMas90.Connected:=true;
    ZCmas.LibraryLocation:= GetCurrentDir()+'\pvxodb32.dll';
    ZCmas.Database:='DSN=mas903; UID=ra; PWD=5807; Directory=C:\Best\version4\MAS90; Company=001; LogFile=\PVXODBC.LOG; CacheSize=-1; SERVER=NotTheServer';
    ZCMas.Connect;
end;

kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

Lite progress but now ask for Dblogdlg unit where i can find, i don't see some similar on source code to add unit, how i can add this unit....

thanks and sorry for topic...
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

Hi Marsupilami i made test on lazarus and zeosdbo 8.0 get connection with odbc_a but when i try to open a query send a error and what i see also is on tables list is only who one table on catalog not all tables... as show on odbc normal..

https://file.io/nxlYKqlVoZQs

I dont know if i need made some changes on connection or query properties..
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello kikep,

I wiull have to build some kind of test virtual machine to test this because I cannot install the software required on my production systems. That will take some time.

I will get back to you as soon as I have new results.

With best regards,

Jan
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

ok thanks....so much...
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

Hi marsupilami let me know if can do some to help.... i will understand better zeosdbo and lazarus....
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello kikep,

soo - I tried to setup a tes environment but whatever I do - using the Zeos ODBC driver I get an access violation. (Access violation at address 754A45E0 in module 'KERNELBASE.dll'. Read from address 00000318.)

What works for me is:
  • Setup a DSN in the ODBC admin interface
  • Use the Zeos OleDB driver to access this DSN. My connection string is: >Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=ra;Data Source=ProvideX<, where ProvideX is the Data Source Name that I created in the ODBC admin interface.
This allows me to read metadata and I can select from some randomly selected tables. Also it doesn't use the ADO technology which is deprectaed by Microsoft. There still seem to be some things to solve:
  • Whenever I started a program, I had to reenter the license information. This only changed when I ran the program as an administratrator at least once. The the license information seems to be saved.
  • Whatever I do, the ODBC driver will display its own logon window. Maybe that just is the way this driver works. If this is a problem, I think you will have to check in with the vendor on this.
So - I agree this isn't what I have expected. But it is the only thing I can do for now.

Best regards,

Jan
kikep
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by kikep »

her the image how i setup the odbc....

Sorry your spend too much time on that....first time i setup as you did but the problem was as is when update the table sadly values not going to field you want to update.....