What is the latest version of Zeos library?

Forum related to PostgreSQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, olehs

howardh
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

What is the latest version of Zeos library?

Post by howardh »

Some folks on the Lazarus have recommended the Zeos components, so I went looking... First stop was SourceForge, where I found a set that was dated 2001. I figured that was a bit strange, so I searched a bit farther, and came across this forum (which I had previously joined last year, and forgotten about). But the download I found here was nearly 2 years old.

Is there any current development going on with Zeos? What is the most current non-beta version, and where can I find it?
The Celtic Fiddler
Violin and Viola lessons in Plano, TX
Solo or ensemble performance for weddings and parties
www.celtic-fiddler.com
seawolf
Zeos Dev Team *
Zeos Dev Team *

Post by seawolf »

Hi,

here you can download the lastest Zeos release

here you can download the lastest Zeos snapshot
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

And just to be complete : the 6.6.3 version is coming very soon and will be named stable. So : current trunk snapshot is what you're looking for.

One remark if you're running a 64 bit version of fpc : this isn't supported yet... However : it compiles wit hsome small modifications

Mark
skydvrz
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by skydvrz »

mdaems wrote:And just to be complete : the 6.6.3 version is coming very soon and will be named stable. So : current trunk snapshot is what you're looking for.
Are there any major or interesing changes in the new release? I am using Zeos in all my major projects.

Very nice components BTW - thanks for the hard work!

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I don't know what version you are using. If you're using 6.5.1 or above it's mostly about bugfixes and some newer database server versions that are included. In this case the migration to this new vesion should be reasonable painless.
If you're using pre 6.5.1 versions I can't answer that. Have a look at the changelog for 6.6.1 here.

Mark