Exception when closing application in debug mode

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
stoffman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Exception when closing application in debug mode

Post by stoffman »

I recently upgraded postgresql client library version from V13 to V15.

Everything works except when closing the application in *debug* mode I get an expectation "EXTERNAL Access Violation" .

I recreated this exception with the most simple application with the latest ZEOS8.0 version (The error also presented in version of ZEOS from a year ago)

It could be a problem with Lazarus but I don't really know how to debug this. Ideas?

Windows 10/Lazarus 2.2.4/ZEOS8.0 latest

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Exception when closing application in debug mode

Post by marsupilami »

stoffman wrote: 04.05.2023, 07:39 I recently upgraded postgresql client library version from V13 to V15.
Maybe it isn't a problem in Zeos but in the PostgreSQL client library? What happens if you use the old client library?

Honestly I would ignore the problem if it only is visible in the debugger.
stoffman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by stoffman »

The old library works perfectly.

I never said it is a zeos problem, it can be the client library problem or lazarus problem too.

I'm looking for ideas on how to debug this.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

As I said - I would ignore the problem since it is only visible in the debugger.

The message seems to imply that the access violation happens during the last phases of the tear down of the application where FPC already has given control over access violations back to the operating system.

It might be a good idea to ask on the Lazarus Forums, because there might be people that have more ideas about debugging the whole thing.

Also you might want to try to run the Zeos Test Suites in 64 Bits with your library and server to see if it produces any access violations that we can try to debug. That might also solve your problem.

But then it also could be a problem with the new client library. So having a minimum working example that raises the problem could also help. We could see what calls are made into the POsgreSQL client library and the see if we can find some documentation about changed behavior or if we can generate a test case that can be submitted as a bug to PostgreSQL.

With best regards,

Jan
aehimself
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by aehimself »

This sounds surprisingly similar to one of my first issues I ever posted about.
I stand by Jan, try a different version of the library; that provided solution to me at the end.
Delphi 12.1, Zeos 8 from latest GIT snapshot
Using:
- MySQL server 8.0.18; libmariadb.dll 3.3.8
- Oracle server 11.2.0, 12.1.0, 19.0.0; oci.dll 21.13
- MSSQL 2012, 2019; sybdb.dll FreeTDS_2435
- SQLite 3.45.2