Forum related to PostgreSQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, olehs

varathasiva
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Reg Upadte Locale And Remote Server

Post by varathasiva »

Hi,
I have delphi database application through delphi7 database postgresSQL8.1 and zeos6.1.I have two postgreSQL8.1 database server.One is windows server working local network another one is linux remote server.When i make the data entries want update the local and remote server.How it is possible through Zeos component.I am apperciate your replies.Advance thanks to all
Siva
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

First remark : maybe you better implement this on the server level. Using database links, triggers, replication, whatever mechanisms pg supports. 'Manual' replication using your application is risky business in my opinion. Loads of error handling and synchronisation code that's error prone.

If you want to do it using Zeoslib:
- You'll need 2 different connection components (unless you want to switch every time, but that takes connection time, closes your datasets, ...)
- Automatic updating when editing database aware components only updates using one connection.
- You might think about getting the automatically generated update statements using the TZSQL monitor. (But that's difficult as it logs all activity on both connections)

Mark