Installation and Sybase connectivity from Delphi7

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Rizwan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Installation and Sybase connectivity from Delphi7

Post by Rizwan »

Trying to set up a Sybase Connection over a firewall.

First Question:
Have Unpack the archive to a folder.
Instruction said to : 'Copy the required dlls from lib directory to the windows system directory (usually Windows\System or winnt\system32)'.
Now there are no files for Sybase. All I see is MySQL and Postgresql. What do I have to do at this point???

Second Question:
The Sybase Server is behind a firewall. I have a VPN connection to that domain. Plus I have the serverIP, Port, DatabaseName, user and password. How can I connect to this SybaseSQl through this configuration? All I need to do is to run couple of stored procedures on that server and get the data from it.

In need of desperate help.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Rizwan,

I don't think Sybase stuff can be published in an open source distribution as it has a commercial licence. If you have a Sabase client installed on you computer you should already have the necessary dll's installed. (If not : trying to connect using Zeos will return 'dll not found' or something similar)

For your second question, I suppose it all depends on the VPN connection you have to the server. If you have acces to all ports on the server I don't think you will have trouble accessing it. Do you use other programs accessing the Sybase server?

Succes,

Mark