Install problem 6.6.0/6.6.1 and Cbuilder 6

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

pankleks
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Install problem 6.6.0/6.6.1 and Cbuilder 6

Post by pankleks »

I tried to install ZeosDbo 6.6.0 or 6.6.1 under Windows XP with the same results, both give an error from Borland Cbuilder 6 "bcb.exe - Entry Point Not Found". The compilation of all the components go without problems but when I try to install ZComponent I get the above error with the following description: "The procedure entry point @Zplainfirebird20@Finalization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library ZPlain.bpl." I wanted to see if this error is specific to Zplainfirebird20 only and after removing this database package I got the same error but for different database e.g ZPlainMySql41. So it does not matter which database package I remove as the error continues to appear for databases that are left. Has anybody come across this problem or have any idea what might cause it. I have had ZeosDbo 6.1.5 installed before but I have removed all the files related to it from BCB and overwritten the databases dll libraries in Windows/system32 folder.
btrewern
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by btrewern »

It looks as if you still have some .bpl files left from your old installation. Clean them out and you should be up and running.

Regards,

Ben
pankleks
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pankleks »

Thanks Ben

I had some bpl files scattered around my system. Cleaned them out and no more problems.