??

Any sugestions Plz.
noel
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by noel »

OK
I made some changes.
I have installed a FreeTDS rpm, but not for my RH distribution, but marked as other,
and there is libsybdb.so.

But Still not working

When I'm trying to connect (to mssql server) I have a messagebox "ACCESS VIOLATION"

What might be the problem ??
stootch
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by stootch »

Same problem here. Gentoo with updated FreeTDS installed... Anyone?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Usually this means the the API structures have changed since the version zeoslib is programmed for. I have no idea what version you should use, however...

Mark
touchring
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by touchring »

Hi, it has been 1 year since, does zeolibs still connect to mssql from linux platform? Thanks.
vansiqq
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by vansiqq »

Hi all,

Anybody gets a solution for this problem on connect to MSSQL?

Thank you for any ideas.
mario13
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by mario13 »

I was able to connect to MSSQL server 2000 with Zeos over Lazarus:

- First of all, for FreeTDS you have to be sure that the server is listening TCP/IP on port 1433 (o whatever you defined), you can test it with command netstat -an on the server prompt.

- Windows client Native: You can use TZConnection with protocol mssql, in this case, you must have the client library ntwdblib.dll installed or alongside your exe. This dll works with both Named Pipes and TCP/IP connections. For Delphi (not Lazarus) it appears to be another protocol ado to be used with SQL server 2005 or later. However, note that using source code with protocol mssql or ado is not platform independient.

- Windows client FreeTDS: You can use TZConnection with protocol FreeTDS_MsSQL-2000, in this case you must put msdblibd.dll in the same folder of your exe. This dll is supplied in the lib folder of Zeos, with 32 and 64 bit versions. There is only support for TCP/IP fixed port connections (no Named Pipes or dynamic ports). Also, there are other three protocol variants for different server versions.

- Wine on Linux client: Only the FreeTDS protocols and dll works (and only with TCP/IP on fixed port, no Named Pipes in Wine, no Named Pipes in FreeTDS).

- Linux Client: You can use TZConnection with protocol FreeTDS_MsSQL-2000, in this case you must have installed the FreeTDS libraries (for example in Debian the packages freetds-bin and libsybd5). For this to work you have to modify ZPlainDbLibDriver.pas in th line 68: FREETDS_LINUX_DLL_LOCATION = 'libsybdb.so';
krzynio8
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Connecting MSsql from Linux - libsybdb.so - problem

Post by krzynio8 »

Thak you! I connected to SQL2008 using this:
- Linux Client: You can use TZConnection with protocol FreeTDS_MsSQL-2000, in this case you must have installed the FreeTDS libraries (for example in Debian the packages freetds-bin and libsybd5). For this to work you have to modify ZPlainDbLibDriver.pas in th line 68: FREETDS_LINUX_DLL_LOCATION = 'libsybdb.so';