odbc_a error "COUNT field incorrect or syntax error" and workaround

The offical for ZeosLib 7.3 Report problems, ask for help, post proposals for the new version of Zeoslib 7.3/v8
Quick Info:
-We made two new drivers: odbc(raw and unicode version) and oledb
-GUID domain/field-defined support for FB
-extended error infos of Firebird
-performance ups are still in queue
In future some more feature will arrive, so stay tuned and don't hassitate to help
mine1961
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

odbc_a error "COUNT field incorrect or syntax error" and workaround

Post by mine1961 »

Hi,

I'm currently testing ZEOS 8.0 (r7517) with several sql servers. Looks really promising so far.
Using odbc_a and SQL Server driver [ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server] or SQL Server native client an exception is thrown on a ZQuery.Post command (content in subject). I finally found that a bit field in a table caused this error. Passing the value as integer wouldn't fix it. I finally changed the data type in the DB from bit to int, and all was fine.

I also found an datetime error, when using field type time(0) or time(7). Internally the field was mapped to DB_WCHAR or similar and not time type and therefore raising an exception. I avoided the error by using a datetime type in the DB.

Are these already known errors.
EgonHugeist
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Re: odbc_a error "COUNT field incorrect or syntax error" and workaround

Post by EgonHugeist »

Hi,

nope i'm fine with FieldType Bit on ODBC and OleDB. It should be mapped to a boolean field.
Note for MSSQL Server use ODBC_W this server isn't ansi based anymore since ages..

So can you explain the problem a bit more precise? Compiler, Server, Driver Versions should be a good start..
Best regards, Michael

You want to help? http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3671
You found a (possible) bug? Use the new bugtracker dude! http://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/