Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

aperger
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

IDE

Post by aperger »

Hello ZeOSLib Team,

I think I am not the only ONE who uses more than one IDE. The voting won't show correct result!!!! Sorry, this note not too frendly from me but this is important for me.
I use: Delphi 7, Kylix 3, Delphi 2005. The reason is: I try to move my project into Delphi 2005, but I try to make some Linux solution, too.

THANX

Attila
Michael
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)
ZeosLib's Handyman :o)

Post by Michael »

Hi Attila,

Did this for you :mrgreen: ...

The problem is that the vote-mod of Orion (phpBB) only supports "single-item" votes and I'm currently not able to change this behaviour, sorry.

Regards.
:prog2: Use the source, dude!

[align=right]..::.. ZeosLib on SourceForge ..::..[/align]
aperger
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by aperger »

Hello,

I know, I know, I know......

Thanks for the answer... fisrt of all.

Please don' t close KYLIX3 support!!!! This is my reason!

Thanks you for the developing... AGAIN, AGAIN,AGAIN,AGAIN.....

Attila
Frank
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by Frank »

Hi Attila,

Kylix was a good idea, but more or less a flop on the market. AFAIK Borland won't develop Kylix any more. Our own development resources are quite limited, so we are discussing ways to reduce our expense. To close support for Kylix is definitely one of the options.

BTW: FreePascal and Lazarus groups seem to be more active than Borland regarding Linux support. Maybe this will be the new way for us to go...
Regards Frank
ZeosLib Development Team
aperger
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by aperger »

Hello,

I know about this decision: Kylix3 is in the Classic Borland Products.... it is not the END (according to Dr.Bob42)

I am developing some WEB project based on Indy components and some web applications with XML and SOAP.
1. Lazarus does not support SOAP technology.
2. Lazarus can not provide (as I know; ...easy way) me solution to make Apache modules ...
3. And till today I can not recompile Lazarus (fpc 2.0.0) with ZeOS packages, unfortunatelly. I can find some description about it, but there are some error in TAbstractRODataset, when I compile it.

Maybe you know name of Andreas Hauslander, who make paches for kylix3/delphi 7 CLX.
While I can install ZeOS packages from any sources into Kylix3 I will use it.

The latest ZeOS CVS entry contains Kylix3 packages, too.:-)
It would be good if the new 6.5.1 stable version contains the Kylix packages. If the next main release of ZeOS won't support Kylix3 I will understand it.

I modify the BLOB example a bit: I have some problem with PostgreSQL blob handling under Win32. I upload a picture and the modified source into our site:
Result of wrong BLOB reading
BLOB example D2005 (ZeOS cvs 26/09/2005)

THANX AGAIN AGAIN