gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide - Hands On!

All about the Doxygen documentation for Zeoslib.
Links to the downloads and online version.

Moderators: gto, bravecobra

gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide - Hands On!

Post by gto »

gto's Zeos Quick Start Guide

- - - THIS QUICK START GUIDE WAS MOVED! - - -

You can now access the latest version in the KnowledgeBase Area:

http://zeos.firmos.at/kb.php?mode=article&k=6

- - - THIS QUICK START GUIDE WAS MOVED - - -
Last edited by gto on 05.03.2008, 13:39, edited 14 times in total.
Use the FU!!!!!IN Google !

Te Amo Taís!
cipto_kh
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by cipto_kh »

Great jobs fren, I like it, more documentation, more people know how to use it, more people help this great components :D
Jay
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Jay »

This is a fantastic start !!!
congratulations!!!!

How is this documentation going to be managed?

1) It should be somewhere in a downloadable file.
2) How are the diferent contributions going to be able to be incorporated without overlapping somebody elses work.

For example, If 3 persons want to document samples of different components or uses of the same components, how can they be done (in what format) and who is going to be responsible of incorporating them in the final document in an organized matter?

This should be well organized so that this document grows (gets more complete) in a comprehensible way?

Jay
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

Hello Jay !
First of all, thanks :)

At first sight, I'm the dictator here! Hehehhe :twisted:

I think this document should grow as it grows, I'll be posting as I get spare time, if anyone want to contribute, post in this thread and I'll incorporate it to the main post. I'm always open to correct errors, misinformation and grammar too!

I'll be organizing the document in a way that it still a quick start, but have great informations. My objective is to provide one single place with the most important information from Zeos. Think a website front page :)

Within this post, I'll be adding a changelog and version, on top of the post, so we can figure out quickly if it has changed. And as it gets mature, I think we may publish as PDF, RTF, TXT, CHM and anything else, and then free it for translation too! I can do it for brasilian portuguese, and I'm certain we can get many other languages here =)

Well.. that's all!

[]'s

Te Amo Taís!
bravecobra
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by bravecobra »

doxygen supports the inclusion of external html documents, thus it'll probably be included there and be maintained by subversion.
Last edited by bravecobra on 27.08.2007, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Brave Cobra
bravecobra.com
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Gto,

Thanks a lot!! Have you checked the doxygen effort by bravecobra? Just check it yourself and try to find a way to incorporate your text. The 'Into the code' part may be already done (partially?) by doxygen.
You will see it's not very difficult to test the documentation build process. Even I was able to test that in about an hour (really!!).
This way all documentation effort can be integrated. Versioning trouble will solved by svn, ...
Would you mind coordinating documentation efforts with Brave?

Mark
howardh
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by howardh »

There was enough there to get me up and connected to Firebird, but I could sure use more! (Documentation is like sex; there is no such thing as too much, when it's good, it's very good, and when it's bad, it's usually better than nothing...)

I'm currently searching for examples of some simple projects that I can expand upon. For instance, anybody have a simple contacts database application using ZeosLib?
The Celtic Fiddler
Violin and Viola lessons in Plano, TX
Solo or ensemble performance for weddings and parties
www.celtic-fiddler.com
fx
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fx »

Nice work!

Zeoslib built with Delphi 2006 works great in C++ 2006, so it would be great to mention it.

Building Zeoslib with Delphi means you can use it in both Borland/Codegear C++ and Delphi projects.

1. in Delphi, select "Generate C++Builder files" in the LINKER options for each of the projects in the bdsgroup
2. Rebuild all projects
3. In C++ 2006, rename automatically included "z*.h" to "z*.hpp"

No need to try to build the libraries in C++ because it generates packages that cannot be used in Delphi. Just build in Delphi and use it with both C++ and Delphi.
gto
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by gto »

Hello there!
I'll post here whenever I make an update, so people can see it changed from the index (different color). When I only edit the post, it doesn't mark it as a new post.

The latest change was for Version 0.0.5:

-> ZConnection Methods and not published properties.

By the way, I'm asking for help with any english error I do. Please correct me if needed!

Te Amo Taís!