Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

ogecrom
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

TZReadOnlyQuery + TDataSetProvider = Blank fields on details

Post by ogecrom »

Hello!

I'm using a master/detail relationship with zeos and midas.
Everything is set ok so the detail query become a datasetfield in the master clientdataset.
When I open the master clientdataset, the detail clientdataset is filled with the correct number of rows and fields, but the values of this fields are all blank (not null, only blank).
If I do the same operation with the DataSetProvider.Options.poFetchDetailsOnDemand = true, everything works fine.

But, I have one case that I can't use this option (poFetchDetailsOnDemand), it must be false.

Debugging the zeos source I can see that the values are coming without problem from the database. But I don't know the zeos source enough to keep debugging. The SetInt (and the others Setxxx) are getting the correct values.

Where should I look?
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I would think it's somewhere in the ZAbstractRODataset , ZDataset or ZDatasetUtils units. Sounds almost if the fields are set and reinitialized again by using SetNull. Unfortunately I haven't Midas components installed. Can you provide a very simple testcase (with data creation SQL) and post it on the bug tracker? (zeosbugs.firmos.at) If I manage to get Midas working I'll give it a try.

Mark
ogecrom
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by ogecrom »

Done. Issue 0000043.