Forum related to PostgreSQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist, olehs

varathasiva
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

How to configure static ip PostgresSQL 8.1 for windows XP sy

Post by varathasiva »

Dear All,
I have instaled PostgresSQL 8.2 in windows xp system.That windows xp system have a static ip.I already update that static ip in pg_hba.config files after stop start postgresql service.Still i can't connect the postgressql database from outside.How to solve this problem.Pls adice me.Advance thanks

With Kindly Regards
Siva
varathasiva
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by varathasiva »

Dear Friends,

Here iam trying to configure postgres on windows xp, My windows xp having static ip, i want to access the postgres from outside of my office without using any router portforwading, how to configure like this, i already tried all the ways, now iam tied, anybody having any idea, either my all linux server is working on over the direct static ip, only getting problem in windows xp.

KIndly Regards
Siva
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Siva,

Are you sure it's not the build in firewall in XP which is causing trouble? Probably you'll have to allow access to the right port.

Mark
Jorjoema
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Network

Post by Jorjoema »

About your question, to access the DB in a network, you must create an exception rule in XP Firewall, for port 5432 ( IN/OUT ).
Don't forget that for SP2 pack, users must have password to access folders in the server.
Regards.