How to compile the libmysqld.dll from the source code?

Forum related to MySQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Anton7
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

How to compile the libmysqld.dll from the source code?

Post by Anton7 »

I have problems with the embedded mysql server, the some stored procedures does not executing. But this stored procedures executing normally on simple mysql-server. I want to try to compile libmysqld.dll from a new source code. How i can do this with "microsoft visual studio 2005"?

p.s. Sorry if offtopic :oops:
Anton7
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Anton7 »

Today i try to compile libmysqld.dll with "microsoft visual studio 2003", but have error:

Code: Select all

\mysql-5\sql-common\client.c(1786) : error C2373: 'cli_mysql_real_connect' : redefinition; different type modifiers
        ../libmysqld\client_settings.h(46) : see declaration of 'cli_mysql_real_connect'
klchin
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by klchin »

Hi,

Do a search for 'cli_mysql_real_connect' and change the value.

Regards,
KL Chin
klchin
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by klchin »

Hi,

Do a search for 'cli_mysql_real_connect' and change the value.

Regards,
KL Chin
sridhar20
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

hi

Post by sridhar20 »

Hi Friends,

Am using the delphi7.0 with MYSQL Server5.0 using Zeos library components,so when i try to compile the code i m getting an exception as : none of the dynamic libraries can be found: mysql5.0.dll, libmysql.dll .
So, can anybody help me out or give me a suggestion in solving my issue soon.

Expecting a prompt reply from u all friends.

Regards

Sri
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi Sri,

I suppose the problem comes when you start running the program in the debugger. This is not a compiler error. I think (but I may be wrong) the libmysql.dll file is not in the search path of your application. Most safe location is in the same directory as the executable you build. Otherwise windows/system32 should do nice as well.

Mark
tonci
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tonci »

Hi all.

I am puzzled as of true nature of the problem reported, there is just not enough info provided. However, here's what you need to do to compile embedded server:
o) Use at least MySQL 5.1! 5.0 has no embedded server.
o) Add --with-embedded-server to your configure line

There still might be some problems compiling, usually due to broken dependencies, but that should be fairly easy to fix. Check build configuration used in VS too.

As for library not found, there can be several reasons for this. First, and most obvious, is that library names do not match. Rename libmysql.dll to what ever suits you. Next, there is a built-in search path for libmysql.dll, you can check it from mysql cl client.