Success: Zeos 6.6.0 Beta / d2007 prof / XP prof

Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

riedere
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Success: Zeos 6.6.0 Beta / d2007 prof / XP prof

Post by riedere »

Today in office I tried to install zeos below d2007 prof / Vista 64 business -> but I recognized there is a mess with folders..so I tried at Home with XP professional - with success. (on monday I will do these on Vista again)
(I copied something in following description from another thread, so that all is together)
I used the zeos packages .....\delphi10 (I know should be 11.but I have no delphi10..)

d2007 professional installed (I use always directories like here c:\d2007 (not default)
2 .
Got the zeos 6.6.0 beta
Unpack the archive to a folder -> c:\d2007\zeos
Copy the required dlls from lib directory to c:\windows\system32 -> I copied all because I will use mysql and firebird
Add the build Directory of the package you are about to install to Delphi's library path.
->
c:\d2007\zeos\packages\delphi10\build
c:\d2007\zeos\packages\delphi10

Locate the package directory associated with your compiler and open the ZeosDbo.bpg project group. Load the project and compile the following components in the order listed (or just choose compile all from Project-Menu):
* ZCore.bpl
* ZParseSql.bpl
* ZPlain.bpl
* ZDbc.bpl
-> like above BUT BEFORE !!! -> In every Project Part ZCore../zParse..... I changed the Options (klick right Mouse) -> "Verzeichnisse" Folders for "Output and DCP Output Folder" (the first and fifth Field) to my Folder c:\d2007\zeos\packages\delphi10
-- then all where compiled woithout error (missing nothing)

Then the compiled files are below ...\build
(I tried the Installation ZComponents.bpl but there was something not found) -> I copied all Files from ...\build folder one folder up ..\delphi10
-> then all components where installed properly.
---------
I think problems are only the meny diffrent foldes.
I assume I will have success on Vista - is somebody interested for a description ?

Erich (at 22.:45 Sa closing)
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

BTW : mosca_morta did send a 'user patch' and that's already integrated in our SVN Testing Branch version. Didn't have time for a snapshot build yet. Until then you'll have to get it from svn or this patch : http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=1173 .

Mark