Zeos references Lazarus LCL

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
tintinux
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Zeos references Lazarus LCL

Post by tintinux »

Hi

I'm using ZeosLib mainly with Lazarus and I found that the Zcore package references LCL, meaning that we can't make light console or web applications with ZeosLib components. I don't remember if it is similar for DELPHI, I don't use it anymore.

I don't see any theoretical reason for this restriction. The native SQLDb Lazarus components don't have it.

Has anyone attempted to change that or to make other specific ZeosLib packages ?
Or any informations about that issue ?

Thanks
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Re: Zeos references Lazarus LCL

Post by Fr0sT »

This shouldn't be so... what happens if you remove lcl dependency?
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Zeos references Lazarus LCL

Post by marsupilami »

Removing the LCL dependency from the core package should be ok. But currently the components package needs the dependency to LCL, I think. We need a separate design time package for Lazarus, if we want to remove that dependency. I already created a ticket for this: https://sourceforge.net/p/zeoslib/tickets/374/ - but as always, I didn't get around to doing just that.

Best regards,

Jan