Zeos 6.15 and Oracle 9.2?

Forum related to version 6.1.5 of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Zeos 6.15 and Oracle 9.2?

Post by cmatrix »

Is there a trick to get Zeos 6.15 to work with Oracle 9.2?
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

I should have mentioned using Oracle 9.2, on running the software you see:

"Requested database driver was not found"
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi cmatrix,

This message usually means the required dll has not been found. During desing time it should be in some path used by Delphi. In runtime it should be in the exe directory or the system path.

Mark
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

So for Oracle what dlls are used and which path should be added to the system path?

Thanks.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

I don't know exactly. The dll used by zeoslib is oci.dll, butI thinkthere are dependencies. As always with Oracle : internals aren't very pubic. So I would just add the oci.dll directory to the path. If you know how to find the dependencies, please post it here!

Mark
btrewern
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by btrewern »

I don't use Oracle but when I need to find dependencies for a dll / exe I use Dependency Walker.

See here: http://dependencywalker.com/ for a free download

Regards,

Ben
pol
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by pol »

Hi,

Normally, when you install the Oracle client, the installer creates a path entry %ORACLE_HOME%\bin, for example c:\oracle\bin, as the first element in the Path variable. So this should not be the problem. You could use Sysinternal's Filemon to find out what your program is looking for.

Regards,
Rüdiger
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

mdaems wrote:I don't know exactly. The dll used by zeoslib is oci.dll, butI thinkthere are dependencies. As always with Oracle : internals aren't very pubic. So I would just add the oci.dll directory to the path. If you know how to find the dependencies, please post it here!

Mark
oci.dll is in C:\oracle\ora92\bin which is in the system search path. I tried using Dependency Walker and found no reference to oci.dll in the log. There appear to be no related problems in the log either. In fact it seems to show no dependencies to anything outside of MS libraries.
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

I also ran the app with Filemon but no problems at are seen at the time of the connection error.

Has anyone ever been successful in using Zeos 6.15 with Oracle 9.2?
pol
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by pol »

There must be a "not found" message in the Filemon log when the "driver not found" message appears. Have you applied a filter to Filemon? Otherwise it is hard to find the right lines, as there appears so much.
I have used Zeos 6.15 wit Oracle 8.1.7 and 10.2, am now using 6.5.1 and had no problems connecting.
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

I set a breakpoint at ZConnection1.Connect; and then ran Delphi, started FileMon logging, after the error I stopped logging. There were no related "not found" entries. That would seem to indicate the exception is bogus.

I'm using "oracle" as the protocol. That's right isn't it?
pol
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by pol »

It seems so. I use 'oracle' for 10g, no problems. What happens when you use 'oracle-9i'? Or does it not yet exist in 6.1.5? Maybe you should try to a newer version. I use 6.5.1 as of 13/10/2005. If not, there seems to be no other way tan to dive into the code and look for the real origin of the error message...

Good Luck!
Rüdiger
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

Using "oracle-9i" I still get the "Requested database driver was not found" error. I tried installing 6.5.1 on D5 but I got all kinds of errors.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Try 6.6.0-beta but even better even a more recent 'trunk' snapshot version : see http://zeosdownloads.firmos.at/downloads/ Some D5 compatibility problems have been fixed since last beta release.

Mark
cmatrix
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by cmatrix »

Yes with 6.6.0 I can now connect just fine to oracle.