Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Nico Oosthuizen
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Solved - Handling of varchar/char - Fields

Post by Nico Oosthuizen »

Hi mdaems

Sorry about hijacking the thread. How do I register for the bug tracker.

I have solved my problem. It was the libmysql.dll.
Although I was using MySql 5 server the dll that Delphi uses was version 4 of libmysql.dll because that was the dll that was in the path.

I just copy libmysql50.dll from the zeos lib directory to the directory in the path. Now it works great.
(Sounds easy he. That's what drives me up the wall that it sometimes take 5 hours to find a solution that takes 30 seconds to do)

(I found out that dbexpmysql.dll that is used by dbexpress do not work with version 5 of libmysql.dll that is part of the MySql distro. Another reason to switch to Zeos.)

Thanks again for a great product.

Nico
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi,

You can find the bugtracker at this URL :
http://zeosbugs.firmos.at/. I know, the forum is not ideally organised anymore (to much changes), but there 's a software upgrade planned so we will not change it before that.

To avoid the problem of wrong dll's we are thinking about a way to check if the protocol selected corresponds to the dll used and the other way round : if the generic mysql protocol is chosen change this internally to the dll protocol. Tohenk already wrote an initial implementation but it will not be implemented in this version 6.6 yet.

Mark