Embedded MYSQL doc (5.1) can be found here
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/libmysqld.html
fabian
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Fabian,

I'm looking for libmysqlD.dll. That's not present in my distribution.

Concerning distributing the dll in our package, I don't know if the licence of mysql allows it. If users take the version of their own mysql distribution you don't have that licence question, I think.

Mark
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

Ah, or course you meant the embedded lib - sorry ;)

And that one really needs to be compiled (urgs!) - thats why would be useful to share !
Isn't there anyone out here who wanna check the license thing, even for server and embedded. I would do, but my english is too bad to understand that advocate-english 100%ly . ;)
fabian
designshouse
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by designshouse »

If you are developing and distributing open source applications under the GPL License, then you are free to use MySQL under the GPL License.

http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

well, does this allow to redistribute the dll with an opensource GPL package?
fabian
designshouse
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by designshouse »

I think Yes
designshouse
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by designshouse »

Specifically:

* MySQL is free use for those who are 100% GPL. If your application is licensed under GPL or compatible OSI license approved by MySQL AB, you are free to ship any GPL software of MySQL AB with your application ('application' means any type of software application, system, tool or utility). You do not need a separate signed agreement with MySQL AB, because the GPL license is sufficient. We do, however, recommend you contact us as there usually are good opportunities for partnership and co-marketing.

* Under the Open Source License, you must release the complete source code for the application that is built on MySQL. You do not need to release the source code for components that are generally installed on the operating system on which your application runs, such as system header files or libraries.

* Free use for those who never copy, modify or distribute. As long as you never distribute the MySQL Software in any way, you are free to use it for powering your application, irrespective of whether your application is under GPL license or not.

* You are allowed to modify MySQL Software source code any way you like as long as the distributed derivative work is licensed under the GPL as well.

* You are allowed to copy MySQL binaries and source code, but when you do so, the copies will fall under the GPL license.
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

so we should add the dll's, i don't see any problems..
fabian
fduenas
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by fduenas »

hi terence what distribution (version) of mysql 5 do you have, that contains the dll, because as mdaems, I'm also not able to get this dll, neither install and zip package. I have rpeoirted it in Mysql forum page but don't know if they alreday included it. Myabe you can share it to madems so he can upload it to the tetsing branch
Terence
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Post by Terence »

I meant the server lib, - not embedded, my fault sry ;)
Terence wrote:Ah, or course you meant the embedded lib - sorry ;)

And that one really needs to be compiled (urgs!) - thats why would be useful to share !
Isn't there anyone out here who wanna check the license thing, even for server and embedded. I would do, but my english is too bad to understand that advocate-english 100%ly . ;)
fabian
angel_genchev
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Here a file. but I`m unsure..

Post by angel_genchev »

mdaems wrote:Fabian,

I'm looking for libmysqlD.dll. That's not present in my distribution.

Concerning distributing the dll in our package, I don't know if the licence of mysql allows it. If users take the version of their own mysql distribution you don't have that licence question, I think.

Mark
I have libmysqld.dll, but I`m unsure what version of embedded .dll is this.

The file is dated 24th March 2005. So it`s probably v.4.1.x if you need it, tell me please where to put it (3MB .DLL, 1.55MB zipped)
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Thanks,

Windows dll is already in the 6.6 distribution.

Mark