Forum related to version 6.5.1 (alpha) and 6.6.x (beta) of ZeosLib's DBOs

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

silviogs
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
Location: The Most Oriental Point of America - João Pessoa - Brazil

Post by silviogs »

Hi rubenjavier

"I can't install zeos in lazarus under linux... everything goes fine until I hace to compile the zcomponents... I keep getting the error in ZAbstractRODataSet "there is no method in ancestor class to be overriden..."
I have the latest nightly of lazarus from
http://www.ca.freepascal.org/Lazarus/
and the latest CVS of ZeOS rework
Do I need the SVN version of Lazarus???
I'm trying to avoid using the SVN version because the directory structure is different and I've heard the "make" have some weird behaviour some times
If anyone had a succesfull installation under linux recently please tell me how?
Thanks
PD Im using Ubuntu/Kubuntu Debian based linux
PD the same sources under win32 work perfect"

- I got to install the lazarus win32, when it presented in the installation this mistake we used in the override place we placed overload.

respectfully

Silvio Guedes
rubenjavier
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by rubenjavier »

Hi silvio, as I told you in a post before in this same thread, I've already installed lazarus under linux and posted the instructions five days ago in another thread "Lazarus+Linux= Installed...", but the "overload" instead of "override" is a good trick... just in case, thanks
Please to the team members close this thread to avoid confusion for future users
I'm going to open a new thread with the detailed instructions, you can make it a post it if you want.
To the People... also stop postin g in this outdated thread to avoid confusion for future users
Cheers