Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

saidus
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Crypted SQLite DB

Post by saidus »

Hello !!
me again !! :oops:
Please tell me if there is any way to work with Encrypted SQLITE Database using ZDBO (zeos lib)???

many thanks
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

saidus,

Look in the Knowledgebase : there's a special article on that topic : Encryption support in SQLite with Zeos DBC components

Mark
saidus
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by saidus »

thank you freind for the information
touchring
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by touchring »

I'm a newbie, the crypted version of SQLite costs $2000, which is a reasonable price for a commercial project considering that it covers future versions, but for my proof of concept personal project, this is beyond my budget.

Has anyone research on an alternative, like say encrypting each field instead and decrypting it after fetching.

Would that be feasible from a security, programming and performance point of view? Appreciate any tips. :)
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

touchring,

Have a look at the knowledge base article. (use the link 3 replies back) There's a list of free encrypted versions included.

Mark
havoc
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by havoc »

Hello!

I'm trying to figure out how to use an encrypted SQlite3 database and I've been following the document Encryption support in SQLite with Zeos DBC components from the KB. I'm using Lazarus v 0.2.29 w/ FPC v 2.4.3 and ZeosLib 6.6.6 to test things out. The sqlite3.dll I'm using is a renamed System.Data.SQLite.dll from SQLite.Net.

Here's what I've done so far:

1) Drop a ZConnection to the form. The database property points to an encrypted SQLite3 database, protocol is sqlite-3, password contains the actual password to the file. Setting the Connected property to TRUE does not give any kind of error.

2) Drop a Zquery, with the SQL string being "SELECT * from Table1," just to check if my DB connection is OK. Connection property contains the ZConnection I dropped in step 1. Changing the Active property of the ZQuery produces the error "file is encrypted or is not a database."

This problem has been driving me bonkers for a few days now, and your help would be a great relief to my system.

Thanks a lot!