In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

littlebigman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

[6.6.5 Stable] Couple of questions to install

Post by littlebigman »

Hello

I read the PDF to install the latest ZeosLib into Delphi 2007, and have a couple of questions:

1. The PDF mentions "ZeosDbo.groupproj", but not "ZeosDboDev.groupproj" and "ZPlain.bdsproj": What are those two project files for?

2. The PDF says that after compiling all components that make up ZeosDbo.groupproj, we should compile/install "ZComponentDesign" (available both as .dpk and .dproj), but this package is already part of ZeosDbo.groupproj: Does it mean that this second step is actually not needed?

3. By any chance, does someone have a working Zeos.inc that only includes support for SQLite, so that I don't make any mistake removing support for the other DBMS's that I don't need?

Thank you.
trupka
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by trupka »

1. ZeosDbo.groupproj targeds zeos "users" and ZeosDboDev.groupproj is oriented to zeos developers - it contains additional projects which are used to test zeos itself.
2. ZeosDbo.groupproj contains ZComponentsDesing.(dpk|dproj) so, yes - second step is not needed.
If you often recompiling zeos (as I do), you may safe yourself some time with additional tools. See here: http://zeos.firmos.at/viewtopic.php?t=2301
N.B. Don't look at *.dpk and *.dproj as different packages, they are more like opposite edges of same blade.
3. Don't have it, but i can easily make one for you if your are unsure...
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Point 2: This sentence was added to indicate the need to INSTALL only the ZComponentDesign packages, which isn't needed for the other packages that only must be compiled. Somebody wants to write a better formulation? Just post it as a reply to this mail and I'll change the pdf. (for the more xml-minded people : please edit the ..\documentation\articles\installation\installation.xml file, that saves me some work :P )

Point 3 : it should be as easy as changing all {$DEFINE ENABLE_XXXXX} lines to {.$DEFINE ENABLE_XXXXX} (except for the SQLite line)
Or you could add

Code: Select all

{$DEFINE ZEOS_DISABLE_MYSQL}
{$DEFINE ZEOS_DISABLE_POSTGRESQL}
{$DEFINE ZEOS_DISABLE_DBLIB}
{$DEFINE ZEOS_DISABLE_ADO}
{$DEFINE ZEOS_DISABLE_INTERBASE}
{$DEFINE ZEOS_DISABLE_ORACLE}
{$DEFINE ZEOS_DISABLE_ASA}
at the top of your zeos.inc file.
When the zeoslib sources are in your search path you can also do this on a per project base by adding these DEFINE's to your project options. Last solution is the most flexible one, but then you must know what you're (and delphi is) doing.

Mark