Postgresql - cwstring

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
jaromir
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postgresql - cwstring

Post by jaromir »

Hello,

My new library request to add cwstring unit to uses statement.
It is unix os - freebsd. After cwstring uses add my zeos connection writes wrong national data.
Reading is correct but writing is corrupted. I tried latest 7.2.4.
Without cwstring add everything works fine.

Any suggestion please ?

Best regards
Jaromir
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Postgresql - cwstring

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Jaromir,

what version of FPC do you use? Do you use Lazarus? Which Version? Which version of PostgreSQL are you on? Could you share a little sample application and a database script with us?
Best regards,

Jan
jaromir
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jaromir »

Hello Jan,

I use plain fpc 2.6.4. Tomorrow I try 3.0.2 and I try to make testcase. What kind of test console app will be best ?
This is utf/ansi conversion problem so console entered data depends of console settings. National data at source code ?
I can’t make gui app.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Jaromir,

it seems strange to me that this should only be an issue with the cwstrings unit. It could be that Zeos with FPC assumes you use UTF8 although maybe you don't? What is the setting of the ControlsCodePage ZConnection property?

Using FPC 3.0 could help too. It has ways to make it use UTF8 internally for almost anything and do the conversion to the system code page for you whenever it interacts with the system.

Any example application will do. Please inclue a create script. Maybe it makes sense to provide information on how you compile that application and what codepage you use by default. Also it would be good to know how you do your debugging. Do you use the FPC console IDE?

With best regards,

Jan
jaromir
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by jaromir »

Jan,

Thank You for Your support. At least we remove cwstring require from our new library.
So problem is not resolved but not exists at this moment. I hope we will have spare time for this problem return.

Best regards.