Forum related to MySQL

Moderators: gto, cipto_kh, EgonHugeist

Ðerek wildstar
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Embedded MySQL Server Error (Solved)

Post by Ðerek wildstar »

Hello everybody!

I'm using the 6.6.4 stable version of Zeos. There are an example called "Embedded" to use MySQL Embedded Server. This is perfect to my little project, but i'm having problems to make it work properly...

I was using the "libmysqld41.dll" with this example and it was working perfectly. This library is only 3.44MB and works but it is of course out of date...

Well, i finally get the last MySQL version (5.1.34 - 97MB) on my dialup connection (please, do not laugh), and there are a folder "embedded" with two versions of "libmysqld.dll", one is debug (10.1MB) and the other is release (6.18MB). Obviously i tried to use the release version.

I've changed the protocol on TZConnection from "mysqld-4.1" to "mysqld-5" and put the library to the same folder of the executable.

When i tried to execute the example the error on attached file "error1.png" is raised

PROJECT EMBEDDED.EXE RAISED EXCEPTION CLASS EACCESSVIOLATION WITH MESSAGE 'ACCESS VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 7C91B21A IN MODULE 'NTDLL.DLL'. WRITE OF ADDRESS 00000010'.

Well, i could use the old library (libmysqld41.dll) but why i cannot use the, supposedly better libmysqld.dll?

The answer i found while i was writting this question post, so i turn this question post on a information post because someone could have the samer problem...

The problem is:

Must be a "shares" folder on the same folder of executable. This folder must have at least 2 folders inside: the "charsets" folder and another folder of language (english, portugues, etc.). My problem was i was using the "shares" folder of the old version example, so, only the old version of embedded server was working.

To solve this problem simply copy the entire shares folder of the installed MySQL server directory over the shares folder of the embedded example and be happy with your embedded server! ;)

PS.: Speaking technically, inside the language folders there are always the same file called "errmsg.sys" this file has localized error messages on a specific format, so if this format changes between versions you will must change these files as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zippo
Silver Boarder
Silver Boarder

Post by zippo »

Thank you for your embedded problem feedback - hope it helps other users with the same problem.
Johny Oldman
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Johny Oldman »

Hoahaha, I finally found the culprit after reading your post.
Thanks to you Derek, and to the woman in that picture too... :thanks: