WinCE compatibility

The forum for ZeosLib 7.2 Report problems. Ask for help, post proposals for the new version and Zeoslib 7.2 features here. This is a forum that will be edited once the 7.2.x version goes into RC/stable!!

My personal intention for 7.2 is to speed up the internals as optimal a possible for all IDE's. Hope you can help?! Have fun with testing 7.2
ertank
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

WinCE compatibility

Post by ertank »

Hello,

I am trying to make the library compatible with WinCE platform.

As to my trials, I face PChar() -> PWideChar() conversions in the code. However, I got stuck in ZAbstractRODataset.pas file. CharToOem() and OemToChar() functions seems undefined for WinCE platform. I could not see where I can fix this so far.

I would like to ask if this compatibility is feasible in terms of idea. If not I shall not try further and stop where I am.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan
Fr0sT
Zeos Dev Team
Zeos Dev Team

Re: WinCE compatibility

Post by Fr0sT »

I doubt OEM conversion is ever needed for anything... it's something ancient from the DOS ages. I'd say you could just make this stuff unavailable under WinCE platform.

What PChar() -> PWideChar() conversion problems do you face?
ertank
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by ertank »

Nothing so far about PChar() -> PWideChar() coversions.
marsupilami
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by marsupilami »

Hello Ertan,

Windows CE is more or less dead, I think. But that shouldn't stop you from developing if you need it or if you have fun doing it. I am willing to accept patches, if they don't break other targets :o)

Regarding CharToOem and OemToChar: OEM only has a meaning on the regular Windows for PCs. Windows CE never supported DOS applications and so OEM doesn't have a meaning there. If you really need these functions you could create some stubs that only get used on Windows CE and just return the same string that is given to them without any conversion.

With best regards,

Jan