Installation alfatest fails

The alpha/beta tester's forum for ZeosLib 7.0.x series

Report problems concerning our Delphi 2009+ version and new Zeoslib 7.0 features here.

This is a forum that will be removed once the 7.X version goes into stable!!

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist, olehs

shrimps
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Installation alfatest fails

Post by shrimps »

Hi,

i installed win32-Lazarus + fpc and got current zeos-files with svn. While installing ZComponents I get compileerrors:

Code: Select all

C:\temp\zeos-beta\testing\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(73,22) Hint: Type "TUpdateStatusSet" redefinition
C:\temp\zeos-beta\testing\src\component\ZAbstractRODataset.pas(75,18) Hint: Type "EUpdateError" redefinition
C:\temp\zeos-beta\testing\src\component\ZDatasetUtils.pas(397,16) Error: identifier idents no member "DefaultExpression"
C:\temp\zeos-beta\testing\src\component\ZDatasetUtils.pas(567,19) Error: identifier idents no member "UpdateDefaultExpression"
C:\temp\zeos-beta\testing\src\component\ZDatasetUtils.pas(567,68) Error: identifier idents no member "GetColumnDefaultExpression"
C:\temp\zeos-beta\testing\src\component\ZDatasetUtils.pas(786,42) Hint: Local variable "Temp" does not seem to be initialized
C:\temp\zeos-beta\testing\src\component\ZDatasetUtils.pas(1463) Fatal: There were 3 errors compiling module, stopping
Just for info, perhaps the coders know what and why :)
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

FPC and Lazarus versions?

Here it compiles fine on Lazarus SVN version and FPC 2.2.2.
Seems like you might use a quite old fpc version.

Mark
shrimps
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by shrimps »

pre-compiled binary for win32:
lazarus 0.9.26 + fpc 2.2.2 + current svn zeoslib

Perhaps it helps you...

Thanks a lot in advance.
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Was this the first Zeoslib version you ever tried to install on your machine? Seems like the TZColumnInfo object used in the line where the compiler halts doesn't know the new (!!) DefaultExpression property. Removing all old Z*.ppu and Z*.o files from your system might solve this.

Mark
shrimps
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by shrimps »

Hello Mark,

thank you very much for your answer. I searched and deleted the Z*.ppu and Z*.o files. Now i get the same errors while installing as in zeoslib 6:

Code: Select all

C:\lazarus\zeos\testing\src\plain\ZPlainLoader.pas(168,46) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 1: Got "PChar", expected "PWideChar"
C:\lazarus\zeos\testing\src\plain\ZPlainLoader.pas(205,44) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "PChar", expected "PWideChar"
I tried to use {$IFDEF wince} and changed from PChar to PWideChard. So i can continue installing, but it halts on the next similar error...

Did i do something wrong when installing zeoslib?

Thanks a lot in advance...
mdaems
Zeos Project Manager
Zeos Project Manager

Post by mdaems »

Hi shrimps,

I have no clue what de differences between FPC/Lazarus versions/defines for Wince, Windows and Linux are. So I can't really help with that. Looks like some functions expect different parameters on the different architectures. Is it the LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress calls that are complaining?

Mark