In this forum we will discuss things relating the ZEOSLib 6.6.x stable versions

Moderators: gto, EgonHugeist

shrimps
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

failed to start wince-application with ZeosLib

Post by shrimps »

Hello forum,

I'm new to Lazarus + fpc + zeos. So please forgive me my school-english and my stupid questions.

I installed lazarus with fpc and wince-cross-compiler. Compiled applications works with win32 and wince. There seems to be no problem.

An application with ZConnection works under win32 without any problems, but under wince the application is started and suddenly ended. It won't show any errormessage or the form or anything else. This only happens, when I use ZConnection.

While compiling my application with zeoslib for wince I get errors. I only get these errors, when i try to compile for wince.
PWideChar expected, but PChar found (ZPlainloader.pas)
I fixed this with changing PChar to PWideChar in lines 172 and 209.
Perhaps it's not a good idea, but this was nesassery to continue compiling. To compile win32-applications successfull I've to change again from PWiderChar to PChar.
OemToChar and CharToOem not found (ZAbstractRODataset.pas)
To continue compiling I removed these few lines beginning from line 2586. So the application is compiled, but won't run on wince. Start and stop, no form, no messages, nothing...

I tried 'peinfo' (wince) for checking depencies, but all needed dll's are existing and are loadable.

Does anyone have an idea for compiling applications with zeoslib without manupulating the sourcecode? :P

On win32 I had to copy ntwdblib.dll to system32-directory, but for wince i didn't find this file. Do I also need the ntwdblib.dll for wince? 'peinfo' didn't say anything about this dll. Where can I get it from?

Normally I'm coding in Delphi 2007. Would it be better to "integrate" fpc and zeos in Delphi than using Lazarus? Any expierence?

I invested more than three days for googling, forum-reading, changing options, compiling, testing, changing more options and I don't have more ideas... :wink:

I know, these are a lot of questions, but I would be glad to hear an other opinion.

Thanks a lot!!!
shrimps
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by shrimps »

Do you really have no ideas?
Perhaps I did the error elsewhere?
Really no ideas?
I would be soooo happy :)
swierzbicki
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by swierzbicki »

Hi,

I guess it is because libMySQL.dll is not available for the Windows CE platform.

BR

Stephane